Thursday, June 5, 2014

Good Intentions

It's no secret I LOVE Pinterest.  I'm on it everyday, scrolling for new ideas and recipes.  If I have an issue with my kids?  Pinterest.  A home repair?  Pinterest.  Need to make the perfect scone?  Pinterest.   Got ants?  Pinterest!!!  I look forward to going online to browse Pinterest more than checking email, Facebook, or anything else for that matter.  Maybe I'm just artsy fartsy but it's so refreshing to see so many talented and creative people putting their ideas and work out there.  Not to mention knowledge.  My kind of knowledge.  Not world affairs or politics.  That shit bores me to death.  But how to make the perfect crochet edging for the baby blanket I'm never going to finish kind of knowledge.  I've used Pinterest so much, I don't know how I've survived without for so long!  Now.  Having said that, I will admit that not all of my Pinterest attempts have been successful.  I'll give it an 80 percent success rate.  I think that pretty good, right?

Moving on.  Bathtime at our house can be…. stressful.  It's always a challenge getting the water temp right.  Although I don't think the boys are that particular, we're still pretty paranoid about it being too hot or too cold.  Then we've got to make bath time fun.  We have the toys and the water beads.  Then came the bubbles.  Sometimes it's all three!  But I'm always seeing such cool bath time ideas on Pinterest, so I thought I'd try one.  You've gotta change things up sometimes, just to break out of the routine.  As a stay-at-home mom… routine can be both your best friend and your worst enemy.  I saw this recipe for colored bath foam.  It's just food coloring mixed with shaving cream.  I couldn't wait to let the boys play with it!!!

W was loving it!!!

He used Nick's tub as his rinse cup.  Sigh.

Looks like candy.

Psychadelic colors

Look at his fingers!  Purple!!!

My water baby.  

Isn't it pretty?  I've gotta try to making icing like this.

There's just one thing.  I didn't know it would stain the grout!! Sigh.  Why didn't anyone tell me this would happen?  My triceps got a good workout trying to scrub this stuff out.  Now it just looks like dirty grout.

Skittles mold.

3 comments:

  1. time to look up.." how to clean the grout " on pinterest!...this is totally me~!!..i loooove pinterest..:) if i had money to buy stock i would buy pinterest stocks...that's how much i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw..did nicky come out of that bath..wearing a purple sheer pants? lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!!! luckily only his chubby little fingers were purple. kekeke. oh and I totally agree about the stocks!!

      Delete