Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lost, but not found

Someone said to me that we have lost our "photobooth mojo." What is that, you ask? Perhaps it is best explained with the following photos.

Notice how in the first photo, we had successfully crammed 7 adult bodies into the tiny contraption, taking one successful photo after another. Was it easy? No. But where there's a will, there's a freakin' way. That photo was taken in 2005. The photo next to it was taken just a few days ago. Now I will say that my jean size has gone up a size or two since the summer of 2005. But who's hasn't?!?! And therein lies the problem. Believe it or not, the same 7 people are in both photos.

*sigh*

We even failed at our famous switcharoo photo, where a group of us run in and out, having different people in each frame. We did attempt this one again, with success.

If I have gained anything from this experience, it is that I will work hard to lose those 10-15 lbs. Not for my health, not to look good, not even to avoid that awful arm jiggle every time I clap. But I will lose it to better fit into that photobooth next year. Or atleast to avoid any of the blame. Now, that's motivation!

Look back at the last 10 years of photobooth pix.

1 comment:

  1. seriously profound decline in photobooth ability.... really glaring when it's there side by side. shameful, really. should we start some sort of training program? like really get serious about this for next year.... shameful...

    ReplyDelete