Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mmmmmmm...



We started downloading the video footage we took of W since he came home from the hospital. Oh man...it's so weird watching it. It's only been a few months since W joined our little nest but you really don't know how quickly it goes by until you see footage of your wrinkly newborn. My how he's grown! And so fast!! He's twice the size now and he has so much more to say now than just "Waaaaahhh!" Yesterday, he started putting his lips together and making the "mmmm" sound! And he was trying so hard to say whatever it was he's been holding back for all these months. Oh! So cute! I secretly hope he's trying to say "mama" but he could just be saying "move" or "milk." Who knows.

The biggest development to date is that he rolls over now!! Wait. Don't get too excited just yet. He rolls over...but he's rolling over onto his tummy, not the other way around. I have lost more sleep this past week than ever before. I keep thinking he's going to smother himself because he can't roll onto his back again!! Why, oh why?! are you learning this important skill out of order, my son?! I don't know why he doesn't just wield that huge head of his and plop back again. It's not like he enjoys being on his tummy either. After what seems like the longest pushup known to man, he slams his head down and starts crying, too tired to do much else. I'll roll him onto his back again and he'll immediately roll onto his tummy again. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Sigh. Lots of sighing going on these days.


Everything goes into W's mouth nowadays.

Do you see my belly button?

My gums itch...right about here. Can I chew on something now?

My favorite...Sophie. I love chewing on her ears.

He's sleeping. I can finally sit down, relax and watch a little TV. Is there a load of laundry that needs to be folded? Yes. Are there 2 more loads waiting to be washed? Yup. A bed to make? Always. Wash my face and brush my teeth? That, I did. But am I going to do any of these chores anytime soon? HELL NO! I'm exhausted. And I don't seeit getting any easier any time soon. It's going to be a busy couple of months ahead. Busy in a good way, but busy nonetheless. Just thinking about it makes the knots in my back tighten. Sometimes, when I have a half an hour of free time, I panic. There's so much I want to do that I don't know where to begin. Most of that time, I end up just sitting there, staring at the wall. And you know what I realized? This house could use a fresh coat of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment