Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

What a year!!! I can't believe we're entering a new year with Wes. When will it sink in that we have a son?! I watch him play and flip through his books, and it hits me like mack truck...OMG, I'm a mom! What!? And this is my son!! This insanely cute little human being is mine and I'm his. Seriously?!?! Life couldn't possibly get better than this, could it? I have so much to be thankful for. Life is great because God is great.

This was my first real tree!! We've always had those fake plastic ones due to my dad's allergies. But in our new home, a real tree was the only way to go. Wes kept flicking the ornaments around. I told him to stop and he decided that flicking them harder would make me happy. Punk.


Remember this place? We didn't take Bug with us this time :( But my SIL came along...and of course, W! We were so excited to show him this magical place.



We hosted Christmas at our house this year. Our table was too small and we still had unpacked boxes in our dining room. We had just finished staining our bookcase so the house smelled all chemically. But it was sooo much fun! My SIL loves Whole Foods. I'm talking LOVES that place! So, we had a Whole Foods Christmas. Everything was store-prepared and bought. (Thank you, Auntie C!) All we had to do was heat it up and plate it. Wonderful!! And the turkey, OMG. It was the most delicious, moist turkey I've ever had!!! Everything was so yummy!!! My MIL made a bunch of yummy sides and my mom made her traditional pumpkin cake. YUM!!!




We finally got to use our wedding China! P chose it, good taste, eh?


When I'm not looking, my mom will feed W anything and everything. Makes me crazy but if it weren't for her, I'd probably still be feeding him rice cereal. W was eating smoked Gouda and he loved it. Who knew.

Presents!!!! Tissue paper...toss.

Clothes...toss.

More clothes...toss.

Box...toss. This went on for a little bit.

Here's grandpa giving W his Christmas card.

And here's W giving it right back. LOL!

We went to Downtown Disney a few days later...you know..as a warm up to the real thing! Can't wait!!!

W's grandparents were determined to buy him a toy while were there and they ended up getting his a giant box of Legos! A classic toy that I loved as a kid. I can't wait until W plays with them, too! I'm sure I'll twist an ankle from tripping on them, but a small price for this awesome toy!

Walk like a man, my son.




Right now, it's a couple hours until 2012. I'm sitting at home with my P and Bug. We have watched the ball drop on TV for many years now and though it was unintentional, it has become a tradition I love. I guess the homebody in me will always love any occasion that requires me to stay home. Keke.

I'm curious to know what this new year will bring. I just pray that my family stays healthy and happy. Everything else is just icing on the cake. HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOD BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment