Sunday, April 28, 2013

Choo-Choo!!!!

We got word from a friend that Thomas was in town.  Day Out With Thomas is what they call it. So, duh, we HAD to go see him!!  We went all the way to Fillmore to see the famous blue train.  I won't lie and say W was super excited about it.  I'm not sure he understood what was going on half the time.  He was so hot and out of it for the most part.  Unfortunately, my poor W takes after me.  He has no tolerance for heat.  Sigh.  But it was really cool to see and boy! do a lot of people love that train!!!  They only come around once a year, traveling the nation for all the Thomas train lovers to enjoy.  So it gets pretty crowded.  

They had a bunch of old trains you could explore and climb on.
They even had a fire truck with a fireman who would take you up to see all the gadgets and such.  But like I said, W was in a funky mood.  He didn't even want to get close to it.  We had to force him to take the picture on the back of truck with daddy.  You'll thank us later, son.  





Tents with activities for the kiddies.

Sir Topham Hatt was there!

What?  I can't hear you.  I'm hot.

Awwww!!!  My little cutie!


N's first train ride!

Fake smile.  I love his fake smile.
Look at my baby's red cheeks :(


Even N was hot.  Look at him pulling his pants up. 


I always get a little worried when I see this train tables at toy stores.  W wants to play with them so badly, but there's always some aggressive kids, hogging all the trains and W just stand there, looking me with those sad eyes, asking for a train to play with.  I can't just take from a kid, can I?  It's a great opportunity for W to see what sharing is about, and sometimes the parents are real good about it and asks their kid to share with W.  

But as you can see, W isn't too great at it himself.  He thinks sharing is when you offer someone else what you have and they say "no" so you can keep it.  He'll offer, but then gets real upset if you actually take it.  And he gets worried that other kids are going to jack him, which happens all the time, he starts to hoard the ones he can get his hands on.  He'll just walk around the table with a bunch of trains in his arms.  
The only decent picture I got of Thomas.

Muah!!  I love this face!


Um, somebody gave our son some cherry slushie.


Daddy is trying to teach W the concept of sharing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment