Sunday, July 31, 2011

High School Reunion

No. Not the ACTUAL high school reunion. This was the reunion of us girls...women...no, wait...mommies. O. M. G. I never thought there would ever be the day when all of us were in a house filled with babies. Lots and lots of babies. It was a beautiful madness and I still have a smile on my face. The last time we were all together...we were fawning over our friend's daughter, G. She was the only kid in the circle. Now she's the eldest of six!!!

It's still incredible to me that we all ended up having babies at the same time. What the #@*$%!! Right?! It makes no sense except that God has a plan. There were those of us trying for years. Those of us who weren't. And those of us totally not planning at all. So this baby boom is just a big mystery to me.

This is G. The big sis of the group. Sweet, no?

And this is cutie E, who in so many ways is like W's twin. Welcome to America!!

Here's little M, holding on to his monkey. How cute is that!

We all know little B. He's a good boy.

And the baby of the group, precious K. Look at her holding her head up like there's no tomorrow!

Don't worry, my little man. I didn't forget about you. He loves his auntie K.

It was nuts. So many babies around, crying, pooping, wipes of all brands, and a collection of diaper bags big enough to open our own store. I loved every second of it(except when W fell back and hit his head. Poor guy). These guys get funnier and funnier as they get older. Wait until they start baby talking to each other. Do babies have inside jokes?

Look at my cellphone, it's soooo cool!

Oops. Nevermind.


\
Don't look at me. I didn't do it.

Thank you Auntie B for my microphone. How did you know I wanted to be a singer?

The gang. Look at W and E crying. Told you they could be twins. LOL!

It was only a few short hours we got to spend together. But let me tell you, each of us could've used a nap by the end. As we all took turns feeding our babies and changing dirty diapers, I got this overwhelming feeling of fulfillment and joy. I still remember passing notes in class, gossiping about boys and stressing about our AP Bio quizzes. Can't believe it's been over 10 years!! I won't say the exact number so don't ask. No matter how different our lives are, we're all here together as sisters, sharing this new chapter of mommyhood. I'm one very lucky girl.

Man, next time, we might have even more kids on that couch. You know what that means, right? Time to get a bigger couch!

1 comment: