Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Gone Wild!

I went back to work for the first time in months. I wasn't 100% up to it....after all, there is a new life growing inside of me. But it was time. I needed to get out of the house finally and interact with other people. In just a blink of an eye, I'll be stuck at home with Baby, making funny noises and googley eyes, slowly forgetting how to have a normal adult conversation. So, though it wasn't easy, I'm glad I went and got my feet wet. It's good to be back!

It almost didn't happen though. I had to drive all the way to this mystical land they call Westlake Village. The drive isn't too bad, especially if you leave early enough to beat traffic. On the way there, oy. I did not feel good. I don't know if it was the cramps, the gas, the urge, or just plain nausea. Whatever it was, it was not pleasant and I was an inch from panicking and turning the car around. I have this irrational fear of being ill outside of the home. There's got to be a word for that, right? Anyway, work was great. It was 4 short hours, most of which I spent trying to scan myself. To make it even better, I only had one patient and we talked about pregnancy and labor the whole time! I hope this great work day is a sign from God that I should be going back to work. :)

There's one great advantage to being a sonographer. I get to see Baby anytime I want! Today, Baby was dancing, boxing and kicking. Just like me, Baby is camera-shy and fidgety. I can't tell you how many times he/she kicked my placenta and put it's dukes up to fight. This baby is a Tiger for sure! I just pray that as it gets bigger and my uterus get thinner, it calms down a little and mercifully keeps the kicking to a minimum.

In this photo, it sort of looks like Baby is panning for gold or looking for a contact. But it was actually stretching its legs out. It's kind of cramped in there, I must admit.

Here's a photo of Baby's feet. Aren't they cute? The look like they have high arches, like daddy's.

1 comment:

  1. aww i only got to hear my babys heart beat this time..i love your baby pictures especially the little feet!!!..so cute! it's sooo cool you get to do this at work!!..hehehehe..good to hear that you are back at work..btw..westlake is soo far !!..but i really like it out there..:)

    ReplyDelete