Friday, April 30, 2010

Are we there yet??

I guess my pregnancy will fall under the category of women who feel somewhat sick the entire 9 months. I guess that's okay. I don't know if I'm getting used to it or if I'm just sick of my own complaints. Probably a little of both. I have yet to receive my 2nd trimester burst of energy. I have to recognize any pregnancy glow, unless it has decided to take the form of a mountainous pimple which is now residing under my nose. In that case, I'm glowing in the dark! No, it hasn't been fun, though I am much better than I was a month ago. So I'm thankful for that. Very very thankful.

But here's the thing. I have a ton of things to do to get ready for this baby's arrival. It's not like we have an empty room in this house. I'd like to go back to work regularly. There's a college fund I need to start saving for (wink). This house is in need of some major renovations and there's dust here that's almost as old as I am. I don't have time to be feel lousy! Soon I'll be so big, you'll have to roll me from room to room. So you see, there's this small window of opportunity I have to get things in order. So it'd be really nice to have full control of my gag reflex some time soon.

Oh and this growing belly is gonna take some getting used to. I keep running into screen doors and other permanent objects that, normally, I would never make contact with. Poor Baby. He's probably wondering what all the ruckus is all about.

I can now honestly say that the discomfort I have been feeling lately is not gas. It's my ever-expanding uterus. I constantly feel hungry and full at the same time. And my lower back is slowly barking earlier and earlier each day. Until last night, I have been sleeping sitting up. I did it to counter any heartburn from eating at all hours of the night. It wasn't easy and my bed now has a permanent dip where my butt was. But when you eat right before you sleep, wake up in the middle of night to eat and then eat in bed in the morning when you wake up... you're just asking for a run at heartburn. This baby bump is now turning into a baby mound and sitting up just won't do any longer. So last night, for the first time in months, I slept on my side. And I think Baby was also happy about it because I could feel his little thumps throughout the night.

2 comments:

  1. hey i totally know what you mean..i always feel like i have to munch on something..i don't necessarily feel HUNGRY..but..maybe just little bit..and i also feel so full that i feel like i shouldn't even be eating..its a weird feeling..do little bit at a time..i started trying to clear our living room of piled up bills and ads and junk..felt so much better even tho i barely made a dent on the pile..but threw away a bag full of shredded stuff...and shredding..felt really good..hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are doing better. You'll have plenty of time to get ready for the baby. Don't worry too much. Btw, how many weeks are you now? When is the baby due? Hang in there~~^^ miss ya.

    ReplyDelete